No products in the cart.
Did you know a majority of Americans experience back pain at least once in their lifetime?
- 85% of the US population suffers from back or neck pain at some point in their lives.
- The second most common reason for visiting a doctor is back pain.
- Very often neck pain can actually be referring to the shoulder and shoulder pain.
- Neck Pain affects 45% of today’s workers. While back pain certainly causes more lost work time than neck pain, the condition of neck pain is serious in nature.
- Prevalence of neck pain has been found to be 12% of adult females and 9% of adult males.
The numbers of people suffering from back pain due to extensive work at a computer or hovering over a mobile device is increasing rapidly.
Today people are increasingly sedentary, spending at least 10 – 15 hrs a day at work, school, and home in a position of bad posture:
- Improper positioning while sitting using computers and phones.
- Performing long hours of repetitive movement.
- Carrying extremely heavy backpacks, purses, and briefcases.
Nobody is immune. Poor posture can be created by:
- Poor standing
- Poor sitting
- Mis-aligned spine
- Not exercising
- Muscle imbalance
- Spine degeneration
You can never learn too much about the issue of poor posture and the risk of spinal degradation, or be too aware.
Make sure to check our blog for more of this type of material.